Aplington Baptist Church is affliated with the North American Baptist Association. We are bonded by common beliefs and practices.
- We believe God is revealed through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- We profess the Christian faith as contained in the Old and New Testaments.
- We believe that church membership is only for those who have personally experienced the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- We publicly affirm new life in Christ through the ordinance of believer's baptism by immersion, which symbolizes the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ as well as the believer's death to the old life and rising to new life in Jesus Christ.
- We regularly observe the Lord's Supper in remembrance of the sacrifice of Christ for our salvation.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is the only infallible authority for the Christian; use the Bible for teaching and guidance, study it daily, with the right to interpret the Scriptures through the illumination of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in soul liberty â€” the right of every person to approach God directly without another person as a mediator â€” and so communicate daily with the Lord.
- We seek to be led by the Holy Spirit and demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit in life.
- We believe we should evidence new life in Christ through a witness before fellow Christians and others in daily contacts.
- Believes that the local church is a spiritual democracy with all members equal; affirms a congregational form of church government